Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Flower Power

This post will be dedicated to flowers. I absolutely "heart" flowers. There are so many flowers that I adore, but I will just feature a few of my favorites. These flowers make gorgeous wedding centerpieces and bridal bouquets.

Number "1" on my list are Orchids


There are several different types of Orchids and they make great centerpieces. The picture above shows them submerged in water. This is becoming a popular wedding trend.
Here is another Orchid wedding centerpiece:


And here is a BEAUTIFUL Orchid bridal bouquet:



These green Orchids are to die for!

And here they are again, being used as a table centerpiece



Here is one used to adorn the top of a dinner napkin:



This is a nice addition to your table setting at your wedding. Notice how stunning the green orchid looks against fuschia or hot pink.

Hydrangeas have been another one of my favorite flowers for a while now:





Here is a picture of Hydrangeas and Orchids together:


As you can see, both flowers can be used together. Hydrangeas come in many colors and can be used to match any color scheme.

A flower that has recently been added to my list of favorites is the Peony:



Peonies are SO elegant!







Here they are being paired with fresh cut fruit:



And here are the Peonies again being used in a bride's bouquet:



I think Peonies are the perfect choice for an "all white" themed wedding or event.

Tulips are also another one of my favorite flowers. They only bloom in the spring time though:






I think tulips are a very "girly" flower. They also make great bridal bouquets.

There are so many other flowers that I just absolutely adore. With that said, be on the look-out for future flower blogs. I would like to note that the florals featured in this blog don't have to only be limited to weddings. They can be used for any type of event.

3 comments:

keb said...

ohhh nice room then!!! hi there! just wanna be friends here. im keb. if u have time please visit my blog http://kebism.blogspot.com/

thanks!

ksm

Unknown said...

I love orchids!

Bree said...

I nominated you for a blog award over at my spot! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this post mm gee wonder why? :P